For those looking to install a Kodi VPN, here is the ultimate installation guide. Get information on all supported devices and more.
Kodi is a free, open-source media player software application that has put the average Smart TV to shame with its incredible features and customization options. From supporting almost every format of music to streaming from a never-ending list of movies and TV shows, Kodi has it.
However, there is a catch. To get the most out of this streaming service, you will need to get your hands on something called a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
What is Kodi VPN and Why Do You Need It?
Due to a number of the most popular channels on Kodi available in only a few limited locations like the US and UK, users have to use a third party software called a Kodi VPN. Only through such software are users allowed access to these restricted channels. More so, if you are looking to watch Live TV on Kodi, you will again need a VPN that works with kodi.
So, how does a Kodi VPN work? Well, a VPN helps you change your IP Address to anywhere in the world. So, let’s say that you live somewhere where access is limited, you can use your Kodi VPN to change your digital address, i.e., your IP address to gain additional access.
Now, there are several different Kodi VPNs available online. However, we would recommend you to get your hands on PureVPN. This is because not only does it provide you with over 200+ servers, it also one of the most secure VPNs out there. Additional features include split tunneling, unlimited bandwidth, P2P Protection, and ISP throttling counters. All of these can help you get the ultimate viewing experience on Kodi.
How to Use Kodi with VPN?
Installing a VPN for Kodi is quite a simple task for someone who knows a thing or two about who the Kodi software works. However, since many of you are going to be new to this, we have made a video tutorial of how you can easy install Kodi with an active VPN service. To learn more, check out the following down below:
Kodi VPN Installation Guide for Other Devices
Since Kodi is available on all leading platforms, the methods of installing a Kodi VPN are different for every device. However, there is no need to go and search for them, as we have taken it upon ourselves to bring you all of them right here.
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Windows
To Install Kodi on Windows, please follow the step by step guide mentioned down below. Please keep in mind that this guide is for Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Go to the Download page on Kodi and select the 32Bit Installer.
- Choose Save to download the application at your desired location.
- Double-click the downloaded file to install Kodi.
- During the Installation, you may be asked to follow some easy steps. It is best to go with the default settings.
- With Kodi installed, it is now time to head on over to the PureVPN and subscribe to one of its many subscriptions.
- Download and install the software on your PC.
- Run the software and select US or UK as your preferred region.
- Open Kodi and voila, you have access to everything.
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Mac/OSX
To install Kodi on OSX or Mac, please follow the steps mentioned in the guide down below:
- Head to Kodi official website and download the latest version of its software for Mac.
- To install that app on your Mac, simply drag the Kodi icon into the Applications folder, and that’s it.
- However, depending on your Gatekeeper settings, you might have to follow a few additional steps.
- To get passed this, you can simply press CMD+Click the Kodi app and select “Open” to play Kodi.
- Now that Kodi installed, head on over to PureVPN to download the Kodi VPN.
- Subscribe to the service and install the software.
- Select US or UK as your region
- Startup Kodi and get streaming.
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Android/ Android TV
For those looking to install Kodi on Android and stream on the go, follow the steps mentioned here.
- Go to Play Store and search for Kodi
- Tap on the install button and wait for it to finish the installation process.
- Now search for PureVPN on the Play Store and download that.
- Once, both the applications have been installed, open up PureVPN
- Select UK or US as your desired region
- Open up Kodi, and that is about it. You can start streaming your favorite content.
- The same steps can be applied for Android TV as the process is the same.
How to Step Kodi on iPhone/iOS
At first, the installation guide for the iPhone or the iOS might seem intimidating, but don’t worry. We have tired our best to make it as simple as possible. Just follow the steps, and you will be streaming on your portable Apple device in no time. But first, be sure you have the following files:
Now that you have the required files, simply follow these steps mentioned down below:
- First, start by connecting your Apple device to your Mac. Once it is connected, open up the Xcode application.
- Select “Create a new Xcode project” and then “Single View Application,” and click “Next.”
- Fill in the required fields and then, click “Next.”
- Save the file.
- Now, select Fix Issue, which will prompt open a new dialogue box. Click “Add,” and enter your Apple ID to log in.
- Once you have logged in, select “Choose” to open App Signer. Then, select “Browse” and open up the Kodi deb file. (You will have previously download this)
- Choose the profile you created earlier. Proceed to add Kodi as the App Display Name, before clicking Start.
- Enter a file name, and click Save.
- Open up Xcode once more and this time choose Windows. Select “Devices” to select yours from the left panel. Once you have selected your device, click on the Plus sign at the bottom of the right panel and click it to choose and open the .ipa file, the same one you have created earlier.
- Disconnect your iPhone and unlock it to process further.
- To remove the Untrusted Developer error, go to the Settings of your device. Tap “General” and then “Device Management.” Find your account under the Developer App and tap on the “Trust (account name),” and then tap Trust again.
- Now you have Kodi installed on your Apple device.
- To install the Kodi VPN, head on over to the official PureVPN website and look for the latest iOS version.
- Download the latest VPN and subscribe to its services
- Add your details and log in
- Select US or UK as your desired region
- Open up Kodi and start streaming.
How to setup Kodi on OpenELEC Devices/ Raspberry Pi
For those who wish to get Kodi on OpenELEC Devices/ Raspberry Pi devices, please follow the steps. The process is a little complicated, but if you follow it according, you will be done in a matter of minutes.
- Head to the official Kodi’s website
- Download the latest Raspberry Pi version and install it.
- Once this has been done, it is now time to install the Kodi VPN.
- Type “https://s3.amazonaws.com/purevpn-dialer-assets/kodi/app/service.purevpn.monitor-1.8.0.zip” in your internet browser and download the file.
- Once the file has been downloaded, look for the installation file in the folder.
- Copy downloaded file “service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip” in a USB drive.
- Plug in the USB device to your OpenElec Kodi Box.
- Now, navigate to the Kodi Home Page and look out for “Add-ons.”, Click it and proceed further.
- Click on the “Files” option and then “Install from zip fil.”
- Now, navigate to the installation file on your USB device and click on it for the installation to begin.
- The Kodi VPN is now installed. To use it, head on over to the “Add-ons” tab and Click PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN.
- Click on Add-on Settings and enter in your PureVPN credentials.
- Select US or UK as your desired region
- And you are done. You now have complete Kodi access on your OpenELEC Device.
Hopefully, the installation guide mentioned above has helped you gain complete Kodi access on your preferred streaming device. However, for those that are facing issues, please let us know the problem you are facing, whether it is linked to Kodi or the Kodi VPN, and we will do our best to get back to your with a possible population. Until then, so long and so forth.
Please let us know in the comments if this tutorial has helped in anyway. It would be awesome if you could also share the post around social media!